Friday, February 01, 2008

When in doubt, empty the magazine!

I have decided I need to genuinely learn the art of silence. So from now on, each time I feel the urge to say anything, I shall sing a line of some really bad song in my head (it's better than the oh-so-cliched i'll count to 10). I'm hoping the songs I'll pick'll be so terrible that all thoughts of whatever I was to say would vanish.
(Kuch ne kahan wo chaand hai kuch ne kaha chehra tera). I'm sorry....what?

The aforesaid song is some weird tune that we used to keep singing in school to piss each other off. It was from some really vague movie with two really really ugly people as the leads, and we always wondered just why. Couldn't they find better looking people? It wasn't like these....uhhh....creatures... were acting...! Don't remember the entire song, but I remember the next line went "Hum bhi wahan maujood the...humne bhi sab dekha suna...(mellifluous, sad, longing kinda music :D) Hum chup rahe....kuch na kaha....manjoor tha...parda tera...." Imagine...! And this girl was so ugly we figured the guy was saying he was he was only too happy that she wasn't lifting the fricking veil...(even though the veil looked like it'd been made in the 1920s :D)
I'm gonna look this song up on Google and pray the video turns up on YouTube, that mother of all viewing inventions :D

1 comment:

Prashant Raj said...

the song is from a movie called "Jiyaala"....just in case you need a better search string.....although better versions have been sung by mehendi hassan and ghulam da as well.... :)