Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hmmm....

I was reading Gitanjali by Tagore (Yea i know EXACTLY what your expression/thoughts are....lol ) When dad got the book home, I went "U bought THAT?!?!?!? Whatever!!". But we-ll me being me, any book at all is irresistable......at least beyond a certain point of time...N when I found there was nothing else to do, we-ll, then Gitanjali, i thought.....N it surprised me a lot in parts....Yes i admit there were a lot of cliches, but a few writings really caught my attention.... Try this :
He whom I enclose with my name is weeping in this dungeon.
I am ever busy building this wall all around,
and as this wall goes up into the sky day by day
I lose sight of my true being in its dark shadow.
I take pride in this great wall, and I plaster it
with dust and sand lest a least hole should be left
in this name, and for all the care I take
I lose sight of my true being.

Wow...I dunno about you, but he blew me....totally....That is something I think about very often....Which of these myriad personas is the "real me"?? Is there something like that? Or is it just a concept? Why do I feel I pretend every minute of life? Different with my friends, different at home, different "official" side, different when I am alone.....Which of this lot is me??!! Is it just me or does everyone feel this way??!! Or are we all, in a manner of speaking, hidden schizophrenics?!!

1 comment:

Sudi said...

Whoa...at last someone like me! Sometimes I think there's this knob inside me that goes click - friends mode, click - @ home mode...click - next plzzz.