Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Melody for the soul?? Watever....

There are times when I have an insane urge to listen to a particular kind of music...Like right now...I NEED Floyd....And I can't have it, not at my convenience, coz I am at home....And yes, I forgot(?!?!?) to write any cds before I got home....
This "need" for music is something my parents don't quite get...Don't get me wrong, they are actually far more musically inclined than u can imagine.....But yet, they don't get the concept....Coz for them, music is a hobby...while for me, it is something like a passion.....mebbe more....For any kind of mood that I may be in, there is some kind of music which will get me happy and back on my feet again...That's all I need to heal...time and a LOT of music.....
My dad often tells people this anecdote about me, about this time when I was a newborn baby....My mum was still in the hospital (courtesy me, a Caesarean baby...:D) and my dad and a friend of his had to get me home....And I, needless to say, was bawling my lungs out.....Dad says that the moment he turned the music on in the car, I stopped crying, and I was quiet so long as the music was on!! We-ll and that, in a way, still holds good...:)

1 comment:

Sudi said...

I have these weekly session wherein I pop in a CD, strap on my phones, turn off all he lights in the room, close the door and just push the volume all up! An hour later I'm all set to go back to facing the crap people have to offer :D

The above therapy works amazingly well if the CD is Black Sabbath or Nirvana!

All parents prefer we don't do this cos it makes them feelt their kid is insane!!!