Friday, June 16, 2006

At times like these I feel completely inadequate and certain that I wasn't ever meant to be an engineer. I am a student at IIT, purpotedly part of the "cream" of the nation. And I don't quite think I can deal with it.
People at office (the technical guys) have taken to springing techie questions at me each and every time they see me. And I am not good at this. People can't expect to give me a cpl of totally unrelated (or so they seem to be at the time :D) figures and come up with a totally complete answer. These are the times when I wish with all my heart I had listened to my mum and quietly done my Bcom at Hyd (her reasons were different, she didn't want me to go to some far-flung place, she'd miss all the shopping and fun that we have all the while, the poor dear!). Hell, I thought the Professors at IIT had mastered the art of making students feel totally worthless and inadequate, looks like they have competition...
I am simply not the type of person who can take two random figures, fish (succesfully at that) through "all" the knowledge their cabbage-sized brains have amassed, and come up with a meaningful answer. And I am supposed to be intelligent and smart. HA!
Next time around I shall show the guy my tongue and prance away into the distance.

No comments: